introduction

i am british, married an australian... we met in the states & are both designers.

we have two boys ~ oscar, 6 & flynn 4, lots of pets & live in an old house ~ this blog is the craziness that happens day to day! opinions, reviews, places to go, situations & everything else in between!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

[ uncle pete ]



sooooooo... my uncle pete wasn't really my uncle but my parents raised us like that. he was my dad's best friend, best man at his wedding, my sister's godfather.

when i was 18 & ran away from italy, where i was living, [ that's a whole other blog right there ] he took me in with open arms.

very sincere, supportive & not at all judgmental, he always had time for me & would listen.

positive & funny!

an amazing letter writer

so it is with great sadness that i write: today the world has lost one of it's most genuine, wonderful & kind people

i can not believe this has happened...

my uncle pete gone ~ my heart has a hole that will never mend

'perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.' an eskimo quote, & very appropriate because he was a lover of stars.

why is death so final... why can't we get the opportunity to talk to people that have passed on once a year or something? (& i don't mean using any type of clairvoyance).

i miss you so much & will never forget you, you will always remain in my heart.


Miss Me ~ But Let Me Go

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room,
Why cry for a soul set free!
Miss me a little - but not for long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me, but let me go.
For this journey that we all must take
And each must go alone;
It's all a part of the Master's plan
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick at heart
Go to the friends we know,
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss me, but let me go.
~ Edgar Albert Guest (1881-1959)



No comments:

Post a Comment