introduction

i am british, married an australian... we met in the states & are both designers.

we have two boys ~ oscar, 6 & flynn 4, lots of pets & live in an old house ~ this blog is the craziness that happens day to day! opinions, reviews, places to go, situations & everything else in between!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

[ cookie monster... om nom nom nom! ]

sooooooo... whilst driving along in the car this morning, my older son, oscar, whose 4, totally out of the 'blue' asks:

oscar: mommy why is the cookie monster blue?

me (thinking really hard to come up with a good answer... but failing miserably!) : mmmmm ~ you know what, i'm not sure why...don't you think he should be blue then?

oscar: no way...

me: why not?? what color do you think he should be?

oscar: well he eats cookies... so he should be brown

me: oh... so you think people should be the colors that they eat?

oscar: yes

me: well what color are you then?

oscar: yellow because i like pizza... & you should be green because you like salad.

me: mmmmm... would i stay green?

oscar: no after you've eaten for a while you'd go back... i hope.  i like that because i like seeing all sorts of different colored people

me: phewy ~ i don't fancy staying green

oscar: but then if you eat carrots you'd turn orange

me: now this would come in handy when i ask who ate all the cookies!! oooo... but not so handy if it was me!

'me want cookie!', 'me eat cookie!'






No comments:

Post a Comment