introduction

i am british, married an australian... we met in the states & are both designers.

we have two boys ~ oscar, 6 & flynn 4, lots of pets & live in an old house ~ this blog is the craziness that happens day to day! opinions, reviews, places to go, situations & everything else in between!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

[ can anyone hear me? ]

sooooooo... I'VE LOST MY VOICE!!!! [ has anyone seen it??? ] but seriously i have ~ this has never happened to me before. yes i've had colds & sore throats that have affected my voice but never like this.  i have to yell to get even a pathetic whisper sound out..

it was pretty bad for a couple of days ~ then absolutely no sound... :(

as thanksgiving was coming up i thought i best go to the dr's as if i do need antibiotics i'd rather get them sooner than later ~ i mean what's the point of prolonging the suffering?

the dr said it's better to try & talk normally instead of whispering... you think? i wanted to say 'listen lady I AM NOT WHISPERING, I'M YELLING' because I was!

anyway she pronounced laryngitis & that was that... no magic pill, just ride it out...

i have to say not having a voice is like having a power cut... you keep forgetting & constantly try to 'turn on the light' or in my case 'answer the phone' then get hung up on because no-one can hear you!

people react really weirdly too... a lot of people want to ask a million questions & the last thing you want to do is talk! or they think you are stupid & talk to you really slowly... or they start yelling at you!! THANKS!!

I found this GREAT butcher - but that's a whole other blog right there, they couldn't hear me so i was having to write things down... one butcher wrote me a note back, thinking I was deaf too!

i can't believe how much I take my voice for granted! the boys were playing up, fighting mainly, so i was trying to stop them without any voice... mmmmm that worked not! after about 20 attempts i just yelled! nothing came out but ~ then 'chewbacca' type noises ~ in random volume! the kids just looked at me as if i was nuts!!! for about 2 hours after that episode i had NO sound at all... i think i set the healing back a week :(

after a whole day of this i began to stop fighting it & started to accept, or surrender to, what was going on. the only thing i was really scared of was what if one of the boys ran out in the road (not that they ever do that) & i'd yell & be mute ~ like one of those crazy horrible dreams.

skype chat is great! no one knows anything is wrong...

hey voice ~ i miss you!! come back soon please!


No comments:

Post a Comment