introduction

i am british, married an australian... we met in the states & are both designers.

we have two boys ~ oscar, 6 & flynn 4, lots of pets & live in an old house ~ this blog is the craziness that happens day to day! opinions, reviews, places to go, situations & everything else in between!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

[ elf on the shelf ]

sooooooo... first of all i can't stop myself saying shelf on the elf, it's driving me nuts!!!! my friend, jackie, has 2 elves on the shelf & when she explained how they worked i kind of fell in love with the whole thing!!

here's my version... basically they watch you & report back to santa. you can talk to them & they get moved around the house (by adults) & i think there's a book that comes with it too.

i went online to look at them & to tell you the truth i couldn't see any i liked...

this morning oscar & flynn were in our bedroom & flynn asked who that was on my shelf. i told him it was yoda. (it was a pre-kid present to my husband, mike, who loves star wars).

oscar asks if he is king of the elves? i quickly thought 2 steps ahead & said yes... & that he's watching you guys to see if you're being good.

this is such a magical age!! they TOTALLY believe!! it's wonderful!!

so i have been moving yoda around the house today... the boys are just amazed by the whole thing!! when he's not where they last saw him they search & then start yelling with excitement, i've been chuckling to myself all day!!

oscar swears he saw him walk a little!! the only thing is it's freaking me out a bit!! oscar keeps asking me if i can see yoda behind him... & then thought he saw him behind me!!

so yoda is our elf on the shelf!!

'good relations with the wookiees, i have.'













No comments:

Post a Comment