introduction

i am british, married an australian... we met in the states & are both designers.

we have two boys ~ oscar, 6 & flynn 4, lots of pets & live in an old house ~ this blog is the craziness that happens day to day! opinions, reviews, places to go, situations & everything else in between!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

[ my husband says i attract crazies!! ]

soooooooo... i went to sam's club today... with my boys of course!! my beautiful mom had just been to visit me from italy, i hadn't seen her for 2 years & i'd dropped her off at the airport to go back home the day before. so i had a very heavy heart... my sam's club shopping trip wasn't the joyful event it usually is....

i go to the 'shortest' line to pay! lines are like the map quest directions.... shortest time or shortest distance ~ except you never know quite what you're going to get!!

i notice in my peripheral vision a lady, no cart, trying to exit, so i stop and let her through. then i have a bit of a sinead o'connor moment thinking that about 48 hours ago i had stood in a similar line at sam's with my mom & i drift off in a deep daydream (except it wasn't that deep because i was fully aware of my 2 rascals running in circles behind me!)

someone squeezes past my cart which snaps me out of my staring into space... it's that same 'lady' coming back... she struts past and huffs 'SMILE!!' at me...maybe i didn't hear her right so i say 'excuse me?' to my AMAZEMENT she says 'for god sake smile you're so ugly' & then pulls a face that my son does when i ask him to pose for a photo, pulling the corners of his mouth open with his fingers. i couldn't believe my eyes!! WHO DOES THAT??? i'm left feeling puzzled, trying to make some sort of sense of what has just happened!

all i can say is 'lady' & i use that in the loosest of terms that is the most revolting pant suit i have every had the mispleasure of seeing & it does absolutely nothing for you, except maybe reflect your taste!!

No comments:

Post a Comment