introduction

i am british, married an australian... we met in the states & are both designers.

we have two boys ~ oscar, 6 & flynn 4, lots of pets & live in an old house ~ this blog is the craziness that happens day to day! opinions, reviews, places to go, situations & everything else in between!

Monday, November 9, 2009

[ what happened to my eating skills since i had babies! ]


sooooooo... i love my food & used to enjoy taking my time to eat a lovely meal. i was shown how to use a knife & fork at an early age!

but... what the heck happened since having babies! i know it's because you get that 5 minutes of 'peace' & have to get something inside you.

i woof down my meals at an incredible rate, my mouth is like a garage... shoving it large pieces in one go

the other thing i've found myself doing is eating things my kids hand me because i don't know what else to do with these items! like half eaten lollipops, cookies & cheerios... there's no garbage can insight, so the easiest thing to do is eat them!

i wish i had the will power to be able to throw out the left over chicken nuggets, fish sticks, mac & cheese! mmmm mmmmmmm!

things i've been caught doing!!!

piling up 2 pieces of pizza on top of each other to eat them faster!

choosing soup, (i don't actually like soup) no chewing involved though & i can fit it in a to go cup!!

licking my plate, i've been caught doing this several times in public... (usually when icing is involved!) & i don't even notice that i've done it until it's pointed out!

trying to have a conversation with mouth crammed full. or... someone asks me something when i've just shoved in 1/3 of my plate & we sit in silence while i'm trying to chew 100 miles an hour to be able to answer.

finishing way too quickly when eating with a non-new parent!! this is funny! it's like there's a race... the plates go down & i don't look up till i'm done! sometimes i'm confronted with really surprised eyes, well i'm hoping they're surprised & not scared!!) but then you have to sit & wait till that person has finished... in that time i'm usually thinking about the 10 million things that need doing! sad i know!

eating spaghetti with my hands!!! (they were clean & although i have great swirling action the silverware was slowing me down!)


... but really ~ surely i should be loosing this fast eating habit now that my youngest is 2, but i can't seem to shake it!

No comments:

Post a Comment