introduction

i am british, married an australian... we met in the states & are both designers.

we have two boys ~ oscar, 6 & flynn 4, lots of pets & live in an old house ~ this blog is the craziness that happens day to day! opinions, reviews, places to go, situations & everything else in between!

Monday, April 5, 2010

[ back in the saddle! ]



sooooooo... i was at the gym a while ago! (ha ha ha ~ i have to laugh because i really don't like going to the gym, a very clever sales person talked me into buying a membership. i didn't buy it right away of course! as i have to agonize these sorts of decisions to death... usually with my husband, mike, who is amazingly patient. mike said go for it (i think he was going for the quickest way to shut me up!!)

i obviously had all the right intentions of going, of course! but to me the allure of the gym is close to cleaning the litter tray....

anyway i started going... armed with the first ipod ever made... which now resembles a white brick, i began the workout that my super duper trainer had 'crafted' for me, which comes with the whole membership deal. (basically i told anthony i don't want anything wobbling that shouldn't & a smaller butt please!! i was going to write arse but i know my dad reads this)

i very closely resemble bridgette jones in the gym scene of the movie... & for about 3 days after i walk like the tin man from the wizard of oz.

well one day... i climbed up onto the 'assisted chin up machine of torture' ~ i had not completely zipped up the pouch containing my 20lb ipod... i start pulling myself up & said ipod bursts through the zip opening & is swinging by the headphones that are planted in my ears... i... stupidly try to grab it, taking my arm off the handle & of course loose balance, no headphones could take that weight so the ipod crashed to the floor, the weight of the platform pushed me up & i did the most ungracefully twisted fall. this happened in stages... the guy next to me said are you ok 3 times & with increasing concern! i landed on my neck & shoulder with my legs still stuck on the platform in the air.

i wasn't sure if i was hurt or not but the sheer embarrassment made me rise... in which time a team of people had congregated to make sure i was ok... all i could say was 'my ipod!' then with the insistence of seeing a nurse i started crying... not really because of the pain, i just wished it hadn't happened & the ground would swallow me up, plus i'm delicate flower you understand!

i ran off to the rest rooms, washed my face... & thought i can either run off home or pull myself together, get back & finish my workout. so with head held high, i strode back, got round the corner to find in front of 'the' machine a guy telling the story... 'yeah she went down like a ton of bricks, i don't know how she did it.... bla bla bla!!' that finished me off!! WHAH!!

& i have not been back... (apart from one time where i got yelled at by 2 angry girls, but that's a whole other blog right there)

this all happen june 25th 2009 ~ & the reason i remember that is because that was the day that michael jackson died (& lets not forget farrah fawcett) ~ i told a friend of mine the story & she thought i must have been distracted from seeing the death of jacko on a screen & that had caused the fall!

but i am pleased to report, i'm back!! i treat the machine with the utmost respect, basically i'm a bit scared of it, seriously, i didn't realize how dangerous those machines are. i unfortunately still have wobbly bits & a butt bigger than i want ~ but lets face it anthony's a great personal trainer not a magician!! & i should go more than once a week!! whatever!!


No comments:

Post a Comment