introduction

i am british, married an australian... we met in the states & are both designers.

we have two boys ~ oscar, 6 & flynn 4, lots of pets & live in an old house ~ this blog is the craziness that happens day to day! opinions, reviews, places to go, situations & everything else in between!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

[ power up ]


sooooooo... my laptop is getting old :( it wasn't really mine, my husband, mike bought it ~ when apple made the white macbooks black ~ yay!! black is my most favorite colour in all the world,  & yes black is a colour* in my eyes, before anyone starts that whole arguement!

when my son, oscar, was learning his colours, he's went from calling everything blue to recognising red, green, brown. I remember pointing to black and asking him what colour this is & he said it's mum!!

well i started borrowing the laptop more & more... & now it's mine (said in a very evil way with a laugh at the end!)

oh but it has suffered... my boys have pulled it off the table more than once, the camera no longer works & is VERY choosey about what cd it will allow you to see. but whenever my boys do something like that really it's my fault... if i were a laptop i wouldn't want to be left unattended with them!

but... i do love this machine... & now i'm doing my most favorite thing at the moment... sitting in borders, with a cup of coffee writing this blog, with flynn asleep in the stroller. it's a lovely hour... if i were a cat i'd purr. only downside is... the battery doesn't last very long, even the new one i bought... i think there is something working over time inside judging from how hot it gets & the loud whirring sound! so i bring the power adapter with me & there are seats near power points. but just like anything... these get abused... there's one guy over there now with 4 things plugged in... taking up 2 sets of plugs. i wouldn't be surprised if he pulls out an iron & starts doing his shirts!

i'm going to have to start bringing a power strip with me!

*my dad reads my blog & commented on how my english has turned american! so i have tried to turn it back especially for him!


2 comments:

  1. sitting in borders? explain to this dutch bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oi dutch bird!! borders is a book shop ~ like the one i took you to when you came to visit!! x

    ReplyDelete